Cooking Classes

10.11.11

The Christmas Market Opens

On Saturday, November 19, I will return to the market every Saturday until Christmas (except for Dec 3 when I have my French Farmhouse Christmas cooking class).

I will be back with my full array of breads.  Also, in anticipation of all the socializing between now and Christmas, I will be making my healthy dips.  I will also have some savoury cocktail foods such as savoury cheddar shortbread, gougeres, breadsticks, spanakopita, tamales, b'stilla, herbed olives and an array of special preserves.  Everything will be gift packaged.

And for teacher gifts, I have Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin 'Cookies in a Jar' for $12.  I have vintage quart jars with all the rings and lids.  They are really nice and decorated with ribbons and Christmas balls or apples with pine cones.

In addition to the usual breads, I will have bread made with candied fruits and nuts.  I will have some lovely nut tarts, pound cakes, chocolate salami, chocolate pate, bourbon balls (like rum balls) and Crepes Suzette.

The market is open from 9am until 4pm.  I hope to see you there!

And that brings me to baking bread over the winter!  It has been a difficult decision and what I have finally decided is that I will make bread once a week until all the flour I have in stock is used.  I will bake on Friday afternoons/evenings.  The bread can be picked up from my house after 7pm and on Saturday mornings.  As each type of flour is depleted, there will be fewer and fewer choices.  Then I will not bake bread until the market opens again after Easter.   You can call me at 773-2890 to place an order.  This will begin on January 13 and go until my flour runs out.  I expect that I will have multigrain, red fyfe and hard white flour after Christmas.  With the hard white I can make cheese bread, raisin bread or citrus peel & nut bread or just 70% hard white bread.

5 comments:

  1. Christmas Market on November 19! Alright! The same weekend I will be decorating my tree. Oh a very Christmassy weekend indeed!!!

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do wish we lived closer so that I could 1) have some of your bread and 2) take a cooking class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have a customer base! It's wonderful to get paid for doing something you love and are so good at.

    But I refuse to think about Christmas until the day after our Thanksgiving. I don't need a longer stress period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can I say, you are a brave woman to sit in a farmer's market in December in Canada!!!! Keep warm with all your treats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I experienced the Christmas Market in Germany and it was an amazing experience.

    It sounds like you are going to be very busy from now through Christmas. Awesome.

    Velva

    P.S. I would definitely sign up for one of your cooking classes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.