Cooking Classes

19.5.14

Rapini and Chive Omelet


Where has the time gone? Really. It feels like only a short while ago I was visiting my vegetarian sister and making all these great and wonderful healthy dishes. Somewhere after the end of January I fell off the healthy eating wagon. It happens. It does happen and no point beating myself up over it.

Finally, today in the middle of May I am back on track. Actually the beginning was last week while I was enjoying decadent local and fresh healthy food in the Okanagan.

Farm eggs in my almost empty refrigerator were beckoning. Don't forget me..me..me they echoed.


Fresh chives are ready in my garden, rapini in the crisper drawer and a lonely tomato rounded out a wonderful simple omelet for lunch.

Rapini and Chive Omelet

1 c. coarsely chopped rapini
2 free range farm eggs
1/2 tomato, coarsely chopped
2 tbsp. snipped chives
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
oil for the pan

Boil the chopped rapini for a couple of minutes and drain well. Boiling takes away some of the inherent bitterness.

Whisk the eggs for a minute or two and add snipped chives.

Heat a small pan over medium and add a splash of olive oil. When the pan is fully heated arrange the rapini and chopped tomatoes. Pour over the eggs and chives to evenly distribute. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until set. Serve immediately. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.